Ortofon Quintet Red Moving Coil Phono Cartridge
Excellent Moving Coil (MC) cartridge with elliptically cut diamond needle. The perfect way to get acquainted with Moving Coil.
The Quintet Red is an excellent Moving Coil element from the award-winning Quintet series from the Danish brand Ortofon. The Quintet Red has an elliptical cut diamond, which ensures a good contact surface between the needle and the grooves of vinyl records. This results in a beautiful display that breathes new life into your vinyl collection.
The Quintet Red is the perfect way to get acquainted with Moving Coil, without your financial advisor starting to show annoying twitches.
- Output voltage at 1 kHz 5 cm/sec - 0.5 mV
- Channel balance - < 1.5 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz - > 21 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz - > 14 dB
- Frequency range at -3 dB - 20 - 25.000Hz
- Frequency response 20-20.000 Hz - +/-2.5 dB
- Tracking ability at 315 Hz at recommended tracking force *) - 65 μm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 15 μm/mN
- Stylus type - Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius - r/R 8/18 μm
- Tracking force range - 2.1-2.5 g (21-25 mN)
- Tracking force recommended - 2.3 g (23 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20º
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 7 Ohm
- Recommended load impedance - >20 Ohm
- Cartridge body material - ABS/Aluminium
- Coil wire material - Copper
- Cartridge colour - Red
- Cartridge weight - 9 g
- *) Typical value